To mark the centennial of the foundation of the Lower Hutt Borough the City Council established annual scholarship for students who have enrolled to study at WelTec.
Scholarship funding will be applied solely against course fees or course related costs in the year for which it is awarded.
Hutt City Council will be awarding Scholarships from $500.00 to $5,000.00.
• Be over 16 years of age
• Be a resident of Lower Hutt
• Be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
• Have attended a Lower Hutt Secondary School
• Meet the entry requirements and be accepted into one of the eligible Wellington Institute of Technology (WelTec) programmes
• Intend to start full-time study in the year the Scholarship is awarded for either a six month or full year programme of study, starting in Trimester 1.
The criteria of selection will be based on:
• Desire to succeed in their chosen field of study and aspirations.
• Strength of character.
• School Academic record.
• Financial circumstances.
The following conditions apply:
• Complete the application form in full and submit it and any supporting documents before the closing date.
• If short-listed, attend an interview.
• If required, attend a scholarship ceremony.
• The scholarship will be used for fees in the year in which it is awarded.
• Successful candidates may be required to participate in promotional activities or publicity.
• Applicants must be willing to have their progress monitored.
How to Apply
Complete the Hutt City Council Centennial Scholarship Application Form in full.
You can get the form here.
The application must be received by the closing date of 20 April 2019 and sent to:
WelTec Scholarships Administrator
C/- Wellington Institute of Technology
Private Bag 39803, Wellington Mail Centre
Lower Hutt 5045
Have a question
Call us on 0800 935 832
or send us a message