- Head to the registration area and get signed in as present
- You will then line up in order of graduation
- It is important that you stay in the correct order. If you are unsure about anything, please speak to a marshal.
- Marshals will be on hand to help you with your academic dress.
Congratulations and presentation of qualifications
- Each graduand will be asked by a marshal to head towards the stage
- When it’s your turn, walk across the stage to shake hands with the official presenter
- If you’re receiving a Degree, a ceremonial trencher will be held over your head and you will be instructed to put your trencher on your head
- If you already hold a degree you may wear your trencher onto the stage
- You will be presented with your qualification as you leave the stage
Closing speeches and karakia
- After the closing speeches and karakia, the official procession of staff leaves the stage and you follow
- The ceremonies will take about one-and-a-half to two hours
After the Ceremony there will be light refreshments. This is an opportunity to mix and mingle with your fellow graduates and academic staff.
Please note there will not be a procession at this graduation.