SUPPORT SERVICES » Health Services

Health Services

WelTec does not provide any on-campus General Practitioner (GP) or nursing services. All students should be registered with a GP/Healthcare provider of their own. If you don’t have one, it’s important that you register with one as soon as possible.

Don’t wait until you get sick, as appointment waiting times for non-registered patients can be very long, and appointment costs are higher.

Read listings of low cost and free GPs/Healthcare providers in your area:

If you’re studying at WelTec’s Christchurch campus, you can use the on-campus health services provided by CPIT. If you’re studying at WelTec’s Auckland campus, please register with a GP/Healthcare provider in your locality.

You can save on health-related costs by getting a Community Services Card. Further details and application forms are available from the Student Hub, Petone Campus, or from Level 1 reception at the Wellington Church Street campus. You can also find a variety of health and wellbeing related information in these areas.

If you’re concerned about anxiety, depression, relationship issues, anger, and more besides, WelTec provides a Student counselling Service. It’s FREE for all WelTec students, and no problem is too big or too small. For more information, click here

Remember: You can call HealthLine for free on 0800611116 for medical advice from a registered nurse – available 24 hours day. In a medical emergency, dial 111.