School of Engineering Technology
Te Kāhui Pūkenga o ngā Pūkaha
Engineers shape our world by turning ideas into reality. If you want to work in an exciting and fast paced industry and like to problem solve then a career in engineering is for you.
- WelTec offers the most comprehensive range of engineering sub-degree programmes in New Zealand that are designed to bring together the best of theory and practice.
- WelTec's Centre for Smart Product is an initiative set up to assist New Zealand companies that design, make and sell innovative products internationally. Through various projects students get the opportunity to work for real clients.
- WelTec has state of the art visualisation and realisation (manufacturing) equipment for student use including:
- 3D scanner and digitiser
- Z Corp prototyper
- FDM prototyper plastics, ABS and polycarbonate
- CNC Daewoo four axis machining centre
- Vacuum casting facility
- WelTec's engineering tutors are well qualified and have extensive work/industry experience. They maintain links with industry to develop new programmes and ensure the programmes you study are up-to-date and in line with the skills employers are asking for.
||WelTec is contracted to provide Block Courses, Day Release Courses, Evening Classes or Distance Learning to Competenz candidates registered into current training agreements.
Engineering Short Courses