National Diploma in Construction Management
|Start Date: 3 March 2014
||Duration: 2 years (Full-time) (Part-time options available)
|Location: Petone Campus
|Fee: NZ $6,080 International $18,995
||Programme Code: NC0356
Take charge of your career with a National Diploma in Construction Management and gain a knowledge base essential to building a career in this dynamic industry. At WelTec, you’ll develop an understanding of construction planning and project management within the construction industry. This qualification also meets the academic requirements of the New Zealand Institute of Clerks of Works and the New Zealand Institute of Building.
- Develop your knowledge of construction site procedures
- Learn how to produce a quality assurance plan and a site-specific safety strategy for a construction project
- Gain an understanding of the principles and processes of construction site management and survey requirements for the set-out of a commercial building
- Learn how to measure and manage quantities of resources required for a construction project
- Learn about the fit-out and management of commercial buildings, as well as quality control and safety
- Develop your understanding of bidding for construction projects
50 credits at NCEA Level 2, with at least 12 credits in each of the following: Maths, English and Science. Achieved a level 3 or 4 qualification in a related field. If you are 20 years of age or older at the time you start your studies, you may apply to WelTec under special admission criteria.
If English is your second language, a minimum IELTS (Academic) score of 6, with no band score lower than 5.5, is required (or a pass in WelTec’s English for Further Study course).
Further Study Options
After you complete the National Diploma in Construction Management (Level 6), you can then choose to Cross-credit components of your learning towards a Bachelor of Building Science at Victoria University of Wellington.
Career opportunities include work as a technician for construction companies.