Take Action Now - Get Trade Qualified
Newly qualified, skilled construction trades workers will be needed
Experts agree there is going to be a skills shortage in the construction industry and skilled construction workers will be in high demand nationwide.
Is being invested into the construction industry over the next 5 years.
Construction industry employers are getting ready for a huge increase in demand. The Christchurch rebuild, leaky homes remedial work and a housing shortage, will account for $70 billion worth of building work.
Study at WelTec and gain hands-on experience that employers are looking for in priority trades such as the Carpentry, Electrical Engineering and Construction. Learn to build on our purpose built training site and learn the skills that will take you places.
- Certificate in Carpentry (L3)
- Construction health and safety
- Carpentry theory
- Woodworking machine use and safety
- Trade quantities and calculation
- Building site work experience in house construction
- Practical workshop projects
- On-site work experience
- National Certificate in Electrical Engineering (L5)
- Electrical Inspectors
- Business management
- Circuit protection
- Advanced 3 phase power
- Switchgear and switchboards
- Electrical installation
- Lighting design
- Standby plant
- National Certificate in Construction (Leading Hand) (L4)
- Conflict management
- Time management
- Building site administration
- Building legislation
- Health and safety
- Specialist trade related skills addressing weatherproofing and non-structural exterior finishes
- Working drawings and specialisations
- Ordering materials
Go back to our Construction page for the full list of trades courses on offer...click here
Sources: Canterbury Employment & Skills Board, Immigration Group, Building & Construction
Industry Training Organisation, Department of Labour, Reserve Bank Governor.