WelTec uses Moodle to support your learning.
Most WelTec courses have an online presence where you can:
- communicate with your tutors and other students,
- access course related materials including course notes, videos, audio material, and data bases
- upload your assignments and complete activities that will help you learn.
Contact your tutor if you want to know more about your online course. You can access Moodle here.
Why learn online?
By learning you get to share, collaborate and access more information. You can give feedback on each other’s work too.
- You have time to think before you write.
- It’s geared to lifelong learning – the skills you acquire online will serve you for the rest of your life.
- You have access to rich content –including multimedia images and videos.
- You can learn where and when you want 24/7.
- Help and support is available to you through online connections
- Quizzes and interactive tests provide you with immediate feedback so you can see how you are doing.
- You will get to know your peers and colleagues through online discussions and often get to know more about their ideas than in a face to face classroom.
- Finding resources, sharing, collaborating and discussing online will help you develop skills you will use for the rest of your life.
By learning online you get to meet the world.
Web Browsers and Compatibility
Moodle operates best in the browsers listed below. To take full advantage of all its features, we recommend using the latest browser versions.
- Firefox 4 or later
- Safari 5 or later
- Google Chrome 11 or later
- Internet Explorer 8 (IE 10 required for drag and drop of files from outside the browser into Moodle)
Login using your WelTec username and password, *it’s the same log in details you use to log into a WelTec computer.
*If your WelTec password expires, your Moodle password is affected as well. If this is the case, please contact 0800 935 832 (WELTEC) and ask to be transferred to the Learning Commons, they can reset your password for you.
To avoid this from happening, make sure you change your WelTec password every 42 days (countdown starts from the last time you changed it).