International Students: How to pay your fees
Protection of International Student Fees
WelTec, as a signatory to the Code of Practice for the Pastoral Care of International Students, is required to have a fee protection policy to safeguard all fees paid by international students. WelTec is governed by the New Zealand Crown Entities Act, the Education Act, and WelTec Council regulations in regard to student fees. An individual fee account is maintained for each enrolled student.
There are two ways to pay fees at WelTec: by International Funds Transfer, or by Bank Transfer.
1. International Funds Transfer (preferred method)
At WelTec we use the Western Union Business Solutions payment portal for making your international tuition fee payments. We prefer this system because it’s a faster, more reliable way for you to pay. You can pay from your bank account with a telegraphic transfer, or domestic transfer.
Log onto https://student.globalpay.wu.com/geo-buyer/weltec to make your payment. Need help? Email email@example.com.
5 Reasons to use Western Union Business Solutions payment portal
- It’s easy to use and you can make your payment faster and receive your Confirmation of Enrolment (eCOE) sooner.
- Save money by choosing a telegraphic transfer from your bank. There are no transfer charges from Western Union Business Solutions for this type of payment.
- You can use your own currency and still be sure that your full payment amount will be made in New Zealand Dollars.
- Once you make the payment, the exchange rate is locked in for 72 hours, making sure that the full amount is paid.
- You get peace of mind, knowing that your payment will arrive in full, on time, without any extra charges or delays.
5 Steps to making your payment
Step 1: Enter your student information
Step 2: Enter your payment amount in New Zealand Dollars
Step 3: Select payment method
Telegraphic Transfer – choose your country & currency*
Step 4: Enter the details of the person making the payment and print your bank transfer instructions
Step 5: Complete your payment at your local bank branch or with online banking using the printed instructions
Access the international student payment portal
*due to international banking regulations transactions in some currencies are not available. If your currency does not appear as an option, please select an alternative currency such as USD$.
For more information please read Western Union’s Information Sheet for Agents and Information Sheet for Students .
2. Bank Transfer
Another way to pay is by Bank Transfer (telegraphic transfer) to WelTec’s bank account (see below). Remember to include your name and other personal information (such as your date of birth and passport number). This will help us identify your payment. Please email us a copy of your deposit receipt.
WelTec's bank details:
Bank Name: Bank of New Zealand, Petone Branch, Wellington, New Zealand
Account Name: Wellington Institute of Technology
Account Number: 02-0544-0013731-04
SWIFT Code: BKNZNZ22
Please ask your bank to include a description and some personal information to identify the deposit. Example: "(Student Name), (Date of Birth), Tuition Fees".
- WelTec only accepts Telegraphic Transfers for fee payments. WelTec does not accept bank drafts
- WelTec prefers payment in New Zealand Dollars
- Receipts are only issued once your fees payment has been verified
WelTec's Refund Policy
Before paying your fees we recommend taking the time to find out about WelTec's terms and conditions for fee refunds.
> WelTec's Refund Policy - Terms and Conditions (PDF)
Page approved by International Director, October 2015